The One Who Fits My Heart

image with thanks via Iraj Jahanshahi on facebook



audio of poem





soft light of early morning
pours through an august cloud veil
trees and plants stand erect
bursting green from days of rain

in secret chambers somewhere
butterflies stir languidly from slumber
while birds risen early chase each other
in pairs, like laughing children

i miss the one who isn’t there
the one who fits my heart
the one who makes light glow
makes my breath stop and start

then suddenly, it comes instead
and turns my lips in upward bend
the loving caress of the ocean breeze
its soothing touch, a cherished friend



15th august 2010

image with thanks via Iraj Jahanshahi on facebook



for a copy of "Set My Heart On Fire" in pakistan nalayn publications

in South Africa intent publishing
and internationally via amazon

Free pdf book by author

Comments

Popular Posts