Set Me Free


there is something
not just in your words
but in them too
not just in the things you do
but in them too

deeper, more subtle
utterly elusive
nameless, invisible,
untouchable, untouched

something
that
you
are

beyond your form

which drives me crazy
makes me drunk

something that i love
beyond reason,
measure or compare

something that i want
more desperately
than my next breath

take me in whole,

gently
like inhaling jasmine scent

undo all the boundaries
of my prison
that separate me
from you

unravel everything
so there is nothing left

turn me into emptiness
set me free


26th september 2010

shahbano aliani


for a copy of "Set My Heart On Fire" in pakistan nalayn publications

in South Africa intent publishing
and internationally via amazon

Free pdf book by author

Comments

  1. Ma sha Allah, Shahbano
    your yearning is on-turning
    it's good that there is no bottom in this cup,
    otherwise you might bet hooked on the yearning and hence deny yourself that last dreg...
    yearn on - turn on !

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts