Take Me Back





Take Me Back


make me light,
vast and weightless

like the sky
like sunlight
and fragrance

spread across the world

let me float
out and away
on the notes
of a molten love song

spin out
and out and out
into space
on the flourish
on the swirl
on the whirl
of a passionate dance

i am weary to my bones
to the core of my core
of the endless cycles
of wanting 
and wanting
yet more

take away
the trace of all traces
the memory
of all memories
of anything and anyone
that has to do with me

make me no one

nothing

oh dear God
oh my dearest 
dearest God
take me back
and set me free



5th august 2014

from the upcoming book: "The Truth Is Love"
image: with thanks via Iraj jahanshahi on facebook
for a copy of "Set My Heart On Fire" in pakistan nalayn publications
in South Africa intent publishing

and internationally via amazon

Comments

Popular Posts