I Want To Surrender






there was a time
i trusted no one other
than me and mine

but now i know
to only trust
Other than me

there is no longer any delusion
of virtue or justification

there is knowledge
that those were always
clever-sounding illusions

i am saying:
take over
occupy completely

i want to surrender

who are these insurgents
who fight unbidden
on my behalf?

those who gather
in darkness,
whispering
just out of earshot
tying up knots
in my wings
from behind
where i cannot see

how can i escape
the ceaseless whispering
of these shadowy creatures
who dwell in my self
and hunt
beauty, power and love
for possession
for gratification
for me?

You can see and hear
everything

only You can help

i am saying:
take over
occupy completely

i want to surrender

14th april 2012


from "Set My Heart on Fire"

for a copy of the book contact nalayn.publications@gmail.com; 
internationally available through Amazon and www.intentpublishing.com 
photo credit: freerange free stock photos

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts