Sweet Water



image with thanks via Iraj Jahanshahi



My Cure

My heart wandered through the world
constantly seeking after my cure,
but the sweet and delicious water of life
had to break through the granite of my heart.
Hazrat Maulana Jalaluddin Rumi [Quatrains: 1501]



Sweet Water


it’s taken all of time 
for the granite to form
but He cracks it open 
with one sure blow

when He says, "come"
who has the power to resist
and say no?

broken or burning
sinking or drowning
onward, onward
onward you go

to be stripped
and crushed
to be softened 
and opened

for “the sweet and
delicious water”
of Life
to flow


12th august 2015

from the upcoming book: "The Truth Is Love"
image: with thanks via Iraj Jahanshahi on facebook

for a copy of "Set My Heart On Fire" in pakistan nalayn publications

in South Africa intent publishing

and internationally via amazon

Free pdf book by author

Comments

Popular Posts